mandag den 2. april 2018

A blog in English

Photo: Caje Design, Faro, Portugal



All my blogs are in Danish, but a reader yesterday asked for one in English.

To me a blog is not just a log about where I am and my next destination. It’s more like an open diary. Here it consist of a shared photo and a caption to go with it. In the beginning, I wrote something everyday, but since then I have become more lazy, only uploading from time to time.

Today I am in Faro, in south of Portugal. I arrived yesterday, as a kind of climate refugee from Denmark, where the winter seems to go on forever. I prefer 2-digit temperatures - this morning it was freezing in Copenhagen. Faro is certainly much better, nice weather, 17 °C.

Faro is a fine, old city, with nice parks and an easy pulse, only disturbed by planes flying in and out of the airport nearby.

Most interesting site of Faro is the seaside. I expected a sunny beach and a clear view to the Atlantic ocean, but as seen on the photo, there is a national protected area important to a lot of birds, quite similar to the mudflat on front of the North sea in south of Jutland, Denmark.

A few Portuguese with special permission walks at the mud banks collecting clamps. Birds need no accept to do so. Faro is a beautiful town, and at the roundabout just behind the marina, a couple of storks have a free nest on top of the street lights.

Tomorrow I will go for a boat trip, and the day after, I am head for Loulé.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar